Previous Letters

Monday, September 9, 2013

Just another day in Paradise

September 2, 2013

I`m still loving my area and don`t want to leave it. I love the people here too much. We challenged 2 couples to get married this week and both accepted. I love challenging and testifying people to come unto Christ and to keep His commandments. But more than anything I love seeing people change their lives. You can see the light in their eyes, as they learn and grow. they are excited and eager to keep progressing. 
We had an activity with all the youth in the stake where we gave a workshop and then went out with all the youth to do street contacts. It was a great experience for everyone. It was especially cool to see 4 recent converts there from our ward sharing their simple testimonies, and in my opinion they did it much better than most of the others :)  This sunday I stood up to bear my testimony in church and saw so many people that I have taught and come to love.  A super nostalgic moment, but I love being able to share just a sliver of what my testimony is.  I try to help people understand just how important this message that we share is.  I try to transmit the fact that we are talking about eternal life, the salvation of the children of God, and if they don`t know that, at least we know it. I know it, and I let them know that that is why we are in their home teaching them.  
We are teaching soo many great people, I love teaching! I really love teaching families. We have been continually blessed as we pray for miracles and for families to teach. The Lord has placed several of his sons and daughters in our path, and has inspired us to open our mouths. These are all miracles! I`ve learned that the power of a missionary, just like the power of the priesthood, comes through obedience. It is a great feeling to be able to pray for, and expect miracles. I have faith that if we are really doing all our part, God works miracles in our lives and allows us to be instruments in His hands to work miracles in the lives of His children. I hope to always live worthy of these miracles, and to always have the same missionary spirit, to open my mouth in every oppurtunity. I still got time to go out and change lives, to plant some seeds, so that the work keeps going forth. 
Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment