Previous Letters

Monday, September 9, 2013

The Good Fight



I know that many probably understand how it is for a missionary to leave the mission, but I just didn´t expect it to be like this... So instead of fumbling around with my words trying to tell you how it is, i´ll just trust that you kinda understand what i´m gettin at. It´s really hard, but it´s also happy. I´m super nostalgic, but i´m trying to just look towards the future with faith. So now i´m excited to get back and to keep bettering myself, to keep progressing, and to keep taking steps towards exaltation. The future is bright.
So no, i´m not trunky, but I look to the future with confidence, faith, and hope. I also know that the mission doesn´t end here in Argentina, I´ve still got plenty of work to do (even if I do live in the shadow of the temple...)
Over the last 2 years, i´ve come to understand the importance of my calling and commission. I´ve been sent as an ambassador for Christ, and as His representative,my authority is above that of kings of the earth.  By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if  He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.  My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.  My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work.  How great is my calling!
I don´t have it memorized but I´ve come to understand what it means. I love the confidence that wearing this name tag gives me. I´ll miss it too much.  I love serving the Savior.  I love him, and i´ve been able to feel His love for me.  His atonement is real, i´ve seen it change lives.  I´m eternally thankful for it, because thanks to Him, I´ll be able to be with my loved ones for eternity.  I love you all soo much.  I´ll see you all too soon.  

-- Elder Josh Skousen

No comments:

Post a Comment