Previous Letters

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I love wearing my nametag every day...

Anyway, this week was great because instead of being in the office until 5 every day, we have been leaving at 3 to go be missionaries.  President transfered my companion and me about a week and a half ago to Ramos Mejia.  We didn´t have anything to start with, but we are working hard.  This week we started teaching a man named jose luis, and he is great.  He kinda looks like a big biker dude, but he explained to us how he has always been kinda closed off to religions and stuff, but he has been really humbled over the last couple years and has had to pass through some really difficult times.  But now he really wants to improve his relationship with God.  He is a man that just really has sincere desires to find God, and I love being able to meet people like that because their testimony comes a lot easier.  People that earnestly seek out the truth will always find it.  God prepares the way and lets it happen, and it is the best thing in the world to be on the other side of that, being the instrument in God´s hands.  Those are the times that I really love being a missionary.  Anyway, we had our second lesson with jose luis in the church and we gave him a tour of the church, the baptismal font, etc. and ended in the chappel.  The spirit was definitely felt by everyone present and Jose Luis accepted the invitation to be baptized.  He then said one of the most humble prayers that I´ve ever heard.  He really wants to receive his answer from God, so pray for him.  I´m sure that he´ll make it.  
We also started teaching a girl named Fernanda ( the one in the picture) who is a reference from a member.  She is from Neuquen capital, (jared where you ever there?)  and didn´t really have tons of interest, until we gave a blessing of comfort to the member lady whose uncle had recently died.  She really felt something there and wanted to know what it was because she felt at peace in a way she hadn´t felt before.  We later had a lesson about the plan of salvation and the purpose of this life.  We then invited them all to the ward temple activity which happened to be 2 days later (yesterday)  so they came and we toured the temple grounds and then went to the waiting room inside the temple.  We had a really spiritual lesson about temples and their importance.  Fernanda really wants to be able to participate in the blessings and promises of the temple.  she wants to have teh promise of an eternal family.  
I have really seen God work through me to get to other people this week.  It is the most rewarding feeling ever.  I love being a missionary, serving God, and helping others come to Christ.  I love wearing my nametag every day.  I love you all and pray for you every day.   

Gotta go but Write me back :D

No comments:

Post a Comment