Previous Letters

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pressing on.....April 27, 2013


Hey,
I love my family so much.  I´m super lucky to have you all.  This week was pretty hectic but it was a really good week.  On monday, we drove out to a few of the far away areas in our mission to open new  penches.  My comp doesn´t have a licence so I had to drive from early in the morning and we got back at midnight.  We went to Lobos, Saladillo, Bragado, 9 de Julio, and Chivilcoy.  We go out traveling on tiny little highways through the middle of nowhere and on our way back at like 10 PM there was a wreck and the little highway was closed off.  So we found a dirt trail and took that for about half an hour not really knowing where it would take us... Luckily we eventually found our way home.  It was an adventure though...
Wednesday and Thursday we went to help with the zone conferences all day.  They went really well and were really spiritual.  We talked about working with the members a lot and how to build up the kingdom in  whatever part of the vineyard we are in.  We are in our specific positions (not just in the mission but anywhere) for a reason and we have the ability to grow and bring forth fruit or no.  
Then on Friday we had the zone leader council meeting at the mission home, we talked about the new goals that we are going to be implementing as a mission.  It´s going to be really cool.  We talked about D&C 88 as well, 2 verses really stuck out to me but i´m not really sure how to explain it.  I also like it a little bit better in spanish but it´s whatever.

D&C 88:67-8 "And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.
Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come  that you shall see him ; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.  
I find it hard to describe the light we receive when we put our will in line with God´s, but there isn´t really a better word that can describe it.  It fills all emptiness, lights all darkness, helps us comprehend and understand things that we literally cannot understand without the help of the spirit.  It is impossible to understand without experiencing it, but it is very real.  It also brings more joy and sense of fulfillment than any other thing.  "Therefore, sanctify yourselves" says the lord, so that we can have our will in line with God´s, and we can be filled with this light.  I know now, because I have felt His light, that one day, we will see his face, we will enter into his presence with pure hearts and a clean conscience.  I am overwhelmed by the plan of our loving God, and the importance of my calling here in His vineyard.  I am trying to be able to understand and comprehend the infinite atonement that was made for us, and also trying to apply it more in my own life to be able to help others do the same.  I am here because of that atonement, we are agents of repentance, helping people accept the invitation to be clean and have their lives be filled with light.  There is so much darkness out there, the world needs the gospel now more than ever.  I know that there are families out there waiting for us.  The lord is preparing them in his own way.  Miracles happen, but we can´t just sit around and wait for them.  We can go out and be the miracle for others.  God lives, He loves us, and this is his Church.  
Love you all, I hope you are all doing well spiritually and physically.  I really hope to hear how you really are doing, your worries, doubts, problems, successes, spiritual experiences, etc.  Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment