Previous Letters

Monday, April 1, 2013

Buen Dia Turquia! Feb. 19. 2013

Hey family and fellow international travelers!  Again I apologize for being totally lame and disobedient in the letter writing area.  I will do better.  but as you know, it is a little bit easier to write when people ask me questions and stuff cuz then I don´t have to sit and think for an hour about what material is even worth sharing with you :)  But this week its easy because I got to go to the temple on Friday!!!  So obviously i´m going to write to you about that because it was the best thing ever. I don´t think that my spirit has ever longed to be somewhere so bad like it has with the temple over the last year and a half. Especially because my understanding and knowledge of the importance of those sacred ordinances has increased along with my testimony throughout the course of my mission. I think i´ve already shared with you some of the sacred feelings that I felt the day I was able to witness the Ladesma familia be sealed together, I know that that is what I want for my family. The blessings of a temple marriage are soo important. I´m so thankful for the peace and guidance that I found in the temple this week. It was cool to be able to do it in spanish because it´s kinda like a new perspective. I´m just not super eloquent and stuff so I can´t write a good description of how I feel at the temple, but I know that it´s the house of the Lord. It is a sanctuary for the soul, a place to separate ourselves from the world.  I really want to go back again... I´ll see if we can´t talk president into making an exception for us :)  
So that was the spiritual high for me.  I hope that none of us take for granted the blessings of the temple and the miracle of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the saving ordinances of the temple.  The Gospel is true, the temple work is real, and so is our Father´s plan.  It is only possible through the atoning sacrifice of Christ and our willingness to accept him as our creditor, savior, and redeemer.  He can make us clean, and bring us true peace and happiness, but will not  do it against our will.  I love him for that.  I love all of you too.  I hope that all is well at home in wherever in the world this letter finds you.  Happy late Valentines day Mom, Siera and Grandma :)
k byeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment